The support system can be configured by administrators and resellers. A reseller can have his own configuration except for the global settings (enable attachments, allowed extensions, size limit).
- Enable or disable the built in support ticket system.
- Assign ticket to the first admin/subadmin that reads it
- If enabled, the ticket will be assigned to the first admin or sub admin that reads it. If the subadmin has "Unassign own tickets" and "Assign tickets" permission he can assign it to a different admin/subadmin.
- Delete tickets when user is deleted
- Deletes all the user's tickets when the user is deleted.
- Display Name
- The name shown to the user in the ticket's history.
- Auto Close Tickets
- Specify the number of days to wait before the ticket is closed automatically after it has been answered. Set to 0 to disable. This requires the that the admin configure a recurring task with the "Auto close support tickets" action.
- Enable attachments
- Enable or disable attachments.
- Allowed Extensions
- The allowed extensions separated by ";"
- Max Upload Size
- The maximum file size in KB that can be uploaded. Set to 0 to have no limit. Default is 5MB.
Create your support ticket departments. You can specify the sub admins that have access to each department.
Configure the Recurring Task
The admin needs to configure a recurring task that executes the "Auto close support tickets" action. Only the admin needs to configure a recurring task. The same task also processes the reseller's support tickets.
To create the recurring task go to General Settings > Recurring Tasks > New.
- Enter a name for the task.
- Select Daily.
- Enter the date of the first time you want the task to execute. Select tomorrow's date. Set the time when the task will be executed.
- Recur Every
- Leave the value to 1 day.
Select the Actions tab. Click on New. Set the action to "Auto close support tickets". Click on Apply, then on Save.
Configure Sub Admin Access
Access to the support system is configured in the sub admin roles. Go to User Management > Roles > Select the sub admin role. Under the Support System category you will see the following permissions.
- View assigned tickets
- The sub admin can view support tickets assigned to him.
- View all tickets
- The sub admin can view all support tickets.
- Change ticket options
- The sub admin can change the support ticket's options.
- Open tickets
- The sub admin can create new support tickets.
- Close tickets
- The sub admin can close support tickets.
- Re-open tickets
- The sub admin can re-open support tickets that are currently closed.
- Delete tickets
- The sub admin can delete support tickets.
Configure Sub User Access
Sub user access to support tickets requires permissions from the admin/reseller and from the sub user's owner.
First the admin must allow a sub user access to the support system. This is configured in the user's role. Go to User Management > Roles > Select the user role. Under the Support category enable "Sub users can create support tickets".
With the previous permission enabled, the user can now enable access to his sub user. Select the sub user. In the Support Permissions you will see the following options.
- View support tickets
- The sub user can view existing support tickets.
- Create/update support tickets
- The sub user can create and update support tickets.
You can find the mail templates used by the support system in General Settings > Mail Templates > Support category.
- Support ticket created by user (admin notification)
- Sent when a support ticket is created by a user. The email is sent to administrators and to users that have access to the support ticket's department.
- Support ticket created by user (user notification)
- Sent to the user when the support ticket has been received.
- Support ticket reply by user (admin notification)
- Sent when the user replies to the support ticket. The email is sent to administrators and to users that have access to the support ticket's department.
- Support ticket reply by user (user notification)
- Sent to the user when the response has been received.
- Support ticket created by admin (user notification)
- Sent to a user when an admin or sub admin creates a support ticket.
- Support ticket reply by admin (user notification)
- Sent to the user when an admin or sub admin has answered his support ticket.
- Support ticket assigned (admin notification)
- Sent when the support ticket is assigned to an admin or sub admin.