ASPNET IIS Classic
- Install IIS with support for ASP.NET 4.0/4.5
- If you are using a sqlite database copy TCAdmin2\Monitor\sqlite3.dll to C:\Windows\System32
- Add TCAWeb to the IIS_IUSRS group.
- Manually create the website in IIS Manager with its web root pointing to Program Files\TCAdmin2\ControlPanel. The website's application pool should be ".NET v4.0 Classic".
- In IIS Manager select the website, click on Binding then on Connect as... Enter the user and password of the Windows user that runs your website. Make sure the user that runs your website has full permissions on the ControlPanel, Cache, Temp, Logs and Database folders and read permissions on Monitor\Shared. If you want to use TCAWeb attach TCAdmin2\Monitor\TCAWeb.config to a support ticket and we will send you the decrypted password.
- If you use Let's Encrypt bind the website to a specific IP and hostname. This prevents TCAdmin from changing the website's certificate.
- Give full permissions to "IIS APPPOOL\.NET v4.5" on C:\Program Files\TCAdmin2\Cache, C:\Program Files\TCAdmin2\Temp and C:\Program Files\TCAdmin2\Logs\Web.
- Execute this command on your database to disable the built in web server.
DELETE FROM tc_server_enabled_components WHERE module_id = '07405876-e8c2-4b24-a774-4ef57f596384' AND component_id = 2 AND server_id = 1;If you ever need to enable the built in web server again execute this command.
INSERT INTO tc_server_enabled_components (module_id, component_id, server_id) values ('07405876-e8c2-4b24-a774-4ef57f596384', 2, 1);
- Disable Output Caching. Some clients have been reporting that users are randomly logged in as other users. This is caused by IIS cache. Run IIS Manager. Select your website. Double click on "Output Caching". On the right side under Actions, click on Edit Feature Settings. Uncheck Enable Cache and Enable kernel cache. Click OK.
Configuring your IIS website with more than 1 worker process
- Disable the built in web server with the instructions above.
- Go to Start > Administrative Tools > Services. Start the ASP.NET state service and set the startup to Automatic.
- Edit your TCAdmin2\ControlPanel\Web.config. Replace
<sessionState mode="StateServer" stateConnectionString="tcpip=localhost:42424" cookieless="false" timeout="30" />
- Open IIS Manager. Select the advanced properties of the .NET Application pool and increase the number of worker processes.