From TCAdmin 2.0 Documentation
Task Scheduler is a module that provides the ability to schedule the launch of programs or scripts at pre-defined times. A task is automatically created when a service created, reinstalled or deleted.
These are single tasks that have been scheduled to run once or have already executed. To execute a task manually simply click on it and click on Start. If you start a task that has previously failed it will continue at the action that caused the error.
These are custom tasks that are programmed to run one or more times. When a recurring task is created, it will also create a scheduled task that will execute at the configured time. When the scheduled task is executed it will create a new scheduled task according to the recurring task's schedule.
- One Time
- The task will only run once at the specified time. If the task has already executed you can schedule it again simply by updating the start time.
- The task will run once a day at the specified time. It can also be configured to run every other day, every 3 days, etc by using the "recur every x days" field.
- The task will run every week on the specified days and time. It can also be configured to run every other week, every 3 weeks, etc by using the "recur every x weeks" field.
- The task will run on the selected months on the specified days and time.
Each recurring task can have one or more actions that execute on the specified server. If one action fails the task execution will be cancelled and set to error status.
Some actions can work with the results from previous actions. For example you can configure a task that does the following:
- Backup the database
- Compress the database backup file
- Upload the compressed file to an FTP server