Services can be started and stopped from remote desktop or ssh with the service browser.
Using the Service Browser on Windows
To start the service manager log in to remote desktop and click on Start > Programs > TCAdmin > Service Browser.
Start/Stop a Service
- Select the service from the list and click on the start/stop/restart toolbar button.
View Interactive Services
- Select the service from the list. Then click on the "Show Interactive Service" toolbar button.
- The service's console should be visible so you can troubleshoot it. If your server is running Windows 7/2008 you should see a prompt asking if you want to view a message from an interactive service. Click on "Show the message".
Using the Service Browser on Linux
To start the service manager log in to ssh and execute the following commands. Replace "/Path/To/TCAdmin/Monitor" with the path to your TCAdmin Monitor folder.
cd /Path/To/TCAdmin/Monitor ./servicebrowser
Start/Stop a Service
- Select the service from the list and click on the start/stop/restart button.
The service browser can be used from the commandline to start, stop and restart a service.
- Specify the service id that you want to control. You can specify "all" to execute the command on all services.
- Specify the command to execute. Valid commands are:
- stop : Stops the specified service.
- start : Starts the specified service.
- restart : Restarts the specified service.
- write : Writes to the specified service's console. If the server has Linux the option "Control console's input" must be enabled in the game's settings.
- Stop the service with id 2 (Windows)
TCAdminServiceBrowser.exe -service=2 -command=stop
- Stop the service with id 2 (Linux)
./servicebrowser -service=2 -command=stop
- Writes "quit" to service's console (Linux)
./servicebrowser -service=2 -command=write -write=quit
- Writes "say hello world" to service's console (Linux). Notice double quotes need to be escaped (\")
./servicebrowser -service=2 -command=write -write=\"say hello world\"
- Writes "say hello world" to service's console (Windows).
TCAdminServiceBrowser.exe -service=2 -command=write -write="say hello world"