From TCAdmin 2.0 Documentation
Access your Control Panel
- Windows Servers
- View http://127.0.0.1:8880 using the server's browser or http://public_server_ip:8880 using your PC's browser.
- Linux Servers
- View http://public_server_ip:8880 using your PC's browser.
It can take a few seconds to load the website. If you get a "Not found" or "Invaid hostname" error wait a few seconds and try again.
Log in with user id admin and password password. Since your license key is not configured you will be redirected to the configuration utility.
If you can't access the website make sure it is not blocked by the server's Windows Firewall or iptables. If you are sure the port is not being blocked by a firewall enable debug mode to figure out what's wrong.
Select "The master server" and click on Next. Enter your TCAdmin key, name and company information and click on Next again.
Select SQLite or MySQL database. ODBC drivers are not required. Click on Next when you are done.
- The database has already been created for you. Just click on Next.
- You must create an empty database and database user. TCAdmin will execute the database script automatically. Enter the required information and click on Next.
IP and Ports
Select the server's primary IP, firewall IP and ports that TCAdmin will use. If you change the secure and standard ports make sure they are available.
- Primary IP
- Select the server's primary IP.
- Router/Hardware Firewall IP
- If this server is behind a hardware firewall enter the external IP. Leave blank if there is no hardware firewall configured.
- Standard Port
- The port used by the TCAdmin monitor for standard connections. This port is used for http uploads and downloads. Default port is 8880 on Windows and 8890 on Linux.
- Secure Port
- The port used by the TCAdmin monitor for secure connections. Default port is 8881 on Windows and 8891 on Linux.
- Enable support for Windows Firewall
- If enabled, ports required by TCAdmin and game servers will be opened in Windows Firewall automatically.
- Enable support for uPnP port forwarding
- If enabled, required ports will be forward in the router/firewall automatically. Only enable if the server is behind a router or hardware firewall with uPnP enabled.
- Use custom server certificate
- TCAdmin creates a default certificate for secure connections. With a valid certificate you can access your control panel with a secure connection without receiving a security warning. If you have installed a custom certificate you can select it. (This feature is only supported on Windows)
Select the features that you want to disable or override on this server (Override.config). These will always override the settings specified in the database. Use these features in case you have access to files that you have to protect because they can't be made available publicly. If someone gains admin access to your control panel they will be limited by this configuration even if they try to change the settings from the control panel.
Apply Settings and Restart the Monitor
Click on Finish to apply your configuration and restart the monitor. After the monitor is restarted you will be redirected to the Admin home page.
Change your Password
While logged in to your control panel click on Change Password on the sidebar and change the default admin password.
Update the Admin Profile
Click on My Profile. Enter your email and select your time zone. All times shown in the control panel will appear in your time zone.
Mail Server Configuration
Navigate to System > General Settings > Mail Server Settings and configure your mail server.
Navigate to System > General Settings > Company information and enter your company's details. This information is used in the mail templates.
Navigate to Server Management > Servers and select the master server.
- In the Game & Voice Settings tab configure the paths for the game and user files. Make sure they exist on the server or restart the monitor and they will be created automatically. If you want to use the default values you don't need to make any changes.
- On Windows the default paths are C:\TCAFiles\Games and C:\TCAFiles\Users.
- On Linux the default paths are /home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games and /home/tcadmin/tcafiles/users.
If you made any changes to the server settings click on Save. Then click on the Server IPs icon at the bottom of the page. Click on Import IPs and configure the hostnames as needed.
It is recommended that you only use the Import button to add IPs. Normally you should not have to add any IPs manually. If all the server's IPs are not imported this means you need to configure them in your server's network settings first. After they have been configured you can try importing them again.
If you are behind a router/hardware firewall only the server's private IP will be imported. Do not add the public IP manually. Set the value of hostname to the public IP or a hostname that resolves to the public IP. Game servers should be configured to use the private IP. Ports in the public IP should be manually forwarded to the private IP or enable uPnP support in the server settings and in your firewall.
Download Steam Games
For your convenience, the steam game files are downloaded the first time you create a game server. Each Steam game also has a batch/shell script that you can execute to download the game files. If you imported a Steam game config and you don't see this file restart the monitor and it will be created. The files are created in C:\TCAFiles\Games and /home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games by default. See Game/Voice_Configuration and Create Game, Voice & Teamspeak Services for more information on configuring additional games.
Other games require you to place the files in the C:\TCAFiles\Games or /home/tcadmin/tcafiles/games. Each game has its own sub folder.